IELTS refers to International English Language Testing System which trains and tests your English. Why IELTS is needed? Many students who are planning to migrate to the country have a certain dilemma about this question.
IELTS doesn’t check your English Grammar rather than it focuses on evaluating your skills, fluency, and confidence in the English language.
Why IELTS is Needed?
Every student, as well as a worker who wants to pursue their carrier in other countries whose native language is English, must give their IELTS test. It may not be a proper requirement but it will eventually add stars to ease your living in foreign. IELTS helps you in many different ways some of which are described in this post
A. Course Requirement
Many universities have listed IELTS as the major requirement for their international applicants. They have also given the criteria to be fulfilled according to sectors.
B. Magnify your English language skill
Although, we have been practicing English since our school. It will be difficult to work and study in a foreign market if we do not have proper English language skills. In order to improve our skills we need to prepare for IELTS and take tests.
Confidence and communication skill are the key factors that are judged apart from academic skills during recruitment. Bad communication during the interview will not help to cope with your interview even though you all your requirements are up to mark.
D. Visa Approval
As many universities have listed IELTS as one of the major requirements, the high band will definitely increase your acceptance.IELTS is not so hard if you can figure out how to tackle it.
Tips For Ielts:
a. Be Natural
Firstly, be natural. Many of us think that as we are examined by foreigners we have to act like them and talk like them. Even though, if we don’t have that American accent. It is a great misconception that many test takers possess. You don’t need to be fake they don’t test your assent they actually test your confidence and interaction.
b. Be Confident
Secondly, be confident. Even though, if you have achieved all academic requirements and confidence is lacking within you. Unfortunately, you may not achieve great band.
Tips for Speaking
- Extend a little bit(15-20 sec)
- Details/ Specific
- Don’t repeat the question: Sometimes you may not have reasons then you have to give examples.
Tips for Listening
- Read the instructions given in the paper carefully. For instance, it may ask you a word limit, letters, numbers, and many more.
- Read the Question before the listening audio starts.
- Points out keywords from the question so that it will help you to get your answers.
- Besides keywords, concentrate on synonyms and paraphrases which will resemble to the word in listening.
Tips for Reading
- The very first time most important point is to read your question carefully.
- Later underline the keyword. You don’t have to understand and learn the whole theme of the paragraph rather than scan for the keyword similar to questions
- At last, read that sentence carefully for the answer.